TERMS, CONDITIONS, COPYRIGHT,
PERMISSIONS & COMMENTS
Hey, there. By reading or using this website, you indicate your acceptance and agreement with the following terms and information. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this website.
(1) General Disclaimer – Emily Scott (aka “ByEmilyScott”) provides the information on these pages as a public service for informational purposes only. Information contained in these pages is not intended to be, and should not be taken as, advice. All information provided through this website, on this blog or through the email subscription are provided "as-is, where-is" and without any warranties of any kind, including the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Your use of this website does not constitute or establish a contractual relationship with Emily Scott (aka “ByEmilyScott).
(2) Third Party Information Disclaimer - Certain links on this site lead to websites controlled by other parties over whom Emily Scott (aka “ByEmilyScott”) has no control. Therefore, Emily Scott makes no representation or warranty concerning the content or accuracy of third party information and expressly disclaims any liability therefore.
(3) Copyright & Trademark - This site and all the information it contains, including, but not limited to, books, articles, blog posts, designs, drawings, illustrations, photographs, videos, opinions, text, guides, trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos ("Protected Information") are the property of Emily Scott (aka “ByEmilyScott”), its contributors, and licensors and is protected from unauthorized use, copying, distribution and dissemination by U.S. Copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. All rights reserved. You may not use our Protected Information without Emily Scott (aka “ByEmilyScott”)express written consent.
(5) Comment Policy - By posting on this blog, you agree to the policies below. I welcome comments on my blog posts! Yes, I love some good interaction with comments. But please keep your comments clean and related to the content I post. I reserve the right to remove any comment. My site, and the web in general, is the perfect place for dialogue and the sharing of information so please feel free to ask questions, disagree, provide alternate methods, or comment on the post as long as your comment’s content is not offensive, defamatory, abusive, or otherwise mean and inappropriate.
- Comment Privacy
You may comment anonymously or under a name/username. The email address you use to submit a comment will not be displayed on my site and will not be sold or used to contact you unless you request to be contacted.
- Ownership of Comment
You retain ownership of comments you leave on my site; you simply grant me a license to post your comments should I feel like it. This license is irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, transmit, display, use, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, in a presentation, in a class, or in a video.
I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from any comment you leave on this site. By commenting on this site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights for the comments you post on this site and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
(6) Permissions Policy - You can:
- Printing: print posts/content off my site for non-commercial use (up to 25 copies only) as long as you include the following copyright notice: “© byemilyscott.com All rights reserved. Originally published at www.byemilyscott.com.”
- Re-posting: re-post a summary of a blog post (or an excerpt of up to 100 words) with a link back to the original post.
- Linking: link to my site or any of my public posts. I appreciate links!
You cannot (without my written permission):
- re-post my content in its entirety, especially not word for word.
- Alter or sell any content on this site without my permission.
- Translate any of my writings in to another language (because I would want to verify the accuracy of each translation.)
To request permission for any of the uses on the above “I do not allow” list, please email: email@example.com